Sunday, February 16, 2014

Reality


Reality

Dedicated to Haley Pickering and Justin Miller.

As I sit and reflect on the things I have seen, done, and learned. It`s plain and simple I started from the bottom. The things I have put myself through could have ruined my life and I almost let it. Somehow I persevered and pushed my way through the storm. At that time you know I thought to myself there is no one who goes through this no one understands me and then a lot of things changed. One of the first things that changed was the introduction of the sport that changed my life. I became a Basketball Manager in 2011 and it completely and utterly changed every aspect of my life. My Coach looked me in the eye and said son I’m telling you now you give your all for us and we will give our all for you and that began the most amazing three years of my life. I`m going to be honest with you it wasn’t always easy. I am a human being I faltered and struggled. You know I took my bruises and I got right back up and kept going as hard as I knew how and then I fell. I don’t know how I let it happen but I fell straight back to the old me I was weak and then God sent me two of the most amazing angels that he ever could have. They didn’t come together but they both came at the best times they could have. Their names are Haley Pickering and Justin Miller. Haley came first and I finally found the person who has basically become my sister in all but blood. We have fallen together and rose together as family does and you know we haven’t always seen eye to eye (mainly because I’m a foot taller!!!) she made me turn my life around to the right way and for that I will always be grateful. Then comes Justin I don’t exactly know what to say here. We are brothers in almost every aspect except blood. One of our strongest bonds we share is our brotherhood in Christ. I know that if I ever need either of them they will be there all I have to do is pick up the phone. I love you both and thank you for everything you have done. I`m going to speak directly to both of you here because I know you will both be reading this. You both have bright futures ahead of you. Haley you are going to save lives and be at the top of your field in nursing and you’re going to do some amazing things.  Now Justin we have never talked about what you wanted to do for your future. I`m holding out hope after hope that you make it to the MLB and let me be your agent! Just saying. I know that whatever you plan to do it will be great because you have God and Haley behind you and of course me and now to both of you together. You two are so strong together and it amazes me how a couple so young seems so made for each other. God has a plan for you two that much is easy to see. You two are going places and I think it is absolutely amazing. I love you both and there is not a thing I wouldn’t do for either of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment